Saturday, June 20, 2015

Summer Flowers

I LOVE FLOWERS! Always have. Such beautiful color and so fragrant! I'm not much of a green thumb though, so I have learned to plant the "easy grow" varieties.  My Asiatic Lillies have had great big buds for a while now, but have not yet bloomed. We are anxiously awaiting their birth.  But the Clematis is doing quite well.  See the vine on the right climbing up the fence?
Asiatic Lilly Buds on the left.  Climbing Clematis on the right.
Since I am still making Ballband Dishcloths for our church sale in October (27 down, 3 to go....) I shall regale you with my adventure of the day, and save my Good and Faithful Knits choice for next week.

Wrapped up and ready to go!


Today is the first Saturday I have had off from work in quite some time.  My hubby and I decided to take a bicycle ride.  We were blessed with beautiful sunshine for our little jaunt, despite reports of potential rain.

We decided to keep it brief and take it slow and easy, as neither has done much bicycling in recent years (a bit of an understatement here).  So, we pedaled to nearby Essex Park, a beautiful sanctuary of green not far from home.

We passed a multiplex of soccer fields, filled with youngsters playing and families watching.  We went up and down hills, through lovely, thickly forested areas, and over small bridges.  I realize now I should have taken more photos to show you. Please bear with me as I am still getting the hang of this blogging thing.

I did not have to think twice about stopping to take photos of these, however!  I love this yellow! It is so rich! I don't know what these flowers are called, but they are just breathtaking.  Reminds me of a particular shade of yellow Malabrigo Worsted Weight Merino.  Can you see the pink Heather up in the right hand corner?

Anyone know what these are?
Malabrigo Worsted Weight Merino from my stash. I swear it's yellow and not orange!

I did see some Queen Anne's Lace but alas, alac, the photos didn't even come close to doing them justice. These purple and pinks I especially like, though.  Does anyone know what these are called?



 My sweet husband patiently waited while I parked my bike and walked and peered and pointed and clicked away.  He is, indeed, a patient man...34 years patient!  But that story is for another day, another blog!


It was quite an enjoyable day and I am certain we will do more bicycling this summer!

Then it was home to rest with a nice pot of Jasmine tea,
(see my "proper" English tea cosy?), a little knitting, and  a little Acorn TV.  I do love a good British mystery!

Next week, I will share my choice for a Good and Faithful Knits baby blanket. Any babies arriving soon in your neck of the woods?

Blessings and Adieu,
My Good and Faithful Knitters!