Tuesday, June 30, 2015

WHAT'S NEXT?

GOOD AFTERNOON!

Now that the 8 Hour Seed Stitch Afghan is complete, wrapped up, and ready for delivery, it's time to finally decide WHAT'S NEXT?

Finally finished my 30 Ballband Dishcloths for the church boutique coming up in October.  I have several Mini Christmas Wreaths already worked up for the event. But they are still awaiting embellishment.  Still trying to decide exactly how I will finally decorate those.  Originally, I used Christmas ribbon and gift wrapping decorations but I think I need to come up with something new.  Any suggestions?

Awaiting Embellishment

Rambling Rows #2

Meanwhile, I could of course pick up my Rambling Rows Afghan by Carol Anderson. As much as I love knitting this entire blanket on straight 8's, for some reason, I put her down and now she has become an official WIP.  Perhaps when Autumn comes I shall pick her up again.

Saturday Night Sock Yarn Blankie



Or perhaps the infamous sock blankie made famous by the Heathen Housewife , Shelly Kang, which I began at the urging of a dear friend?


I do miss those Saturday nights with my friend, Miss Julie, and the Rocker Doo lying between us on the couch (he was a good yarn dog, may he rest in peace), watching Aflred Hitchcock classics, swapping sock yarn and knitting away!


My Beloved Rocky (an excellent yarn dog)


OR...HOW ABOUT A DRAGON?  Specifically the Little Dragon my daughter requested of me.....All but the tail and the face are complete and I can tell already this will be a definite Good and Faithful Knit!  This very well written pattern by Susan B. Anderson came out just as described at every juncture to date.  No surprise there, of course, Susan's work is always a joy to knit.  I just followed the directions and ouila! One dragon! Well, one dragon minus a tail.


I would consider sleeping on my decision as to what I should knit next, but that will not do, as I must have something to work on in the interim.

I am reminded of a post I read by Lene Alve some time ago about the restlessness  of the in between project syndrome...it very succinctly describes my immediate predicament.

Since October is only 3 months away, I should really work on Boutique projects. Namely, Mini Christmas Wreaths, beaded bracelets, Christmas Trees, hanging hand towels, or felted flowers.  Decision, decisions!

Anyone have suggestions? Votes? Any and all input appreciated!


Until Next Time,
Blessings and Adieu My Good and Faithful Knitters!

P.S. Lillies from my garden, cut and vased to decorate the kitchen table!